NOTE: The above course time schedule is only tentative. Depending upon the time available before the exam and other reasons, there may be slight variations in the above courses and time schedule.
How TS BC STUDY CIRCLE Help you to prepare for the Competitive exams? TS BC Study Circle gives you the best Competitive exams coaching in Telangana State.
Faculty and quality study material help you at every step in your excellent preparation for this exam.
Types of CIVIL SERVICES
All India Civil Services:
1. Group A Services or Central Services
2. Group B Services or State Services
All India Civil Services Jobs List:
1. Indian Administrative Service or IAS
2. Indian Foreign Service or IFS
3. Indian Police Service or IPS
4. List of Group - A Services by UPSC:
5. Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service
6. Indian Audit and Accounts Service
7. Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise)
8. Indian Defence Accounts Service
9. Indian Revenue Service (I.T.) or IRS
10. Indian Ordnance Factories Service (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
11. Indian Postal Service
12. Indian Civil Accounts Service
13. Indian Railway Traffic Service
14. Indian Railway Accounts Service
15. Indian Railway Personnel Service
16. Indian Railway Protection Force (Assistant Security Commissioner)
17. Indian Defence Estates Service
18. Indian Information Service (Junior Grade)
19. Indian Trade Service, Group 'A' (Gr. III)
20. Indian Corporate Law Service
List of Group - B Services:
1. Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service (Section Officers Grade)
2. Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service
3. Pondicherry Civil Service
IAS Eligibility - Nationality
For IAS and IPS:
Candidate must be a citizen of India
All other Services:
* Candidate must be either:-
1. A citizen of India, or
2. A subject of Nepal, or
3. A subject of Bhutan, or
4. A Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 intending to settle in India permanently, or
5. A person of Indian origin (PIO) who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Ethiopia, Zaire and Vietnam intending to settle in India permanently.
* The candidates belonging to categories (2), (3), (4) and (5) should furnish a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India. Such candidates may take the exam before getting the said certificate of eligibility, but he/she would get the offer of appointment only after the Government of India has issued the certificate.
* Point to Note: A person belonging to categories (2), (3) and (4) are not eligible for appointment to the Indian Foreign Service (IFS).
UPSC Civil Services Eligibility - Minimum Education Qualification:
1. To appear for civil services exam, UPSC has set some minimum eligibility criteria to apply for IAS exam. Candidates who wish to become IAS officers must hold an undergraduate degree from a recognized university that are incorporated by an Act of Parliament or which is to be declared as a Deemed University by the University Grants Commission (UGC) or he/she must possess an equivalent qualification for IAS Exam.
2. But there are few circumstances and exemptions under which candidates will be eligible to apply for IAS exam:
3. If you are a candidate waiting for the final year result or studying final year of college, you are still eligible to apply for IAS exam but you need to submit the degree at the time of appearing IAS mains exam.
4. Candidates those who have professional and technical degrees as recognised by the Indian Government are also eligible for IAS exam.
5. UPSC will provisionally allow candidates with MBBS degree or candidates who have qualified other medical courses but not completed their internship. Candidates need to submit a certificate from the respective university or college at the time of online submission of IAS application.
Age Limit & Relaxation:
1. General Category & EWS: 32 years.
2. OBC (with certificate): 32 years + 3 years.
3. SC/ST: 32 years + 5 years; unlimited attempts.
4. Physically Disabled: 32 years + 10 years; Gen/OBC/Person with Benchmark Disability (EWS category) & SC/ST unlimited attempts.
5. Ex-Servicemen Commission Officer: 32 years + 5 years + (3 years, if OBC OR 5 Years, if SC/ST)
6. Jammu & Kashmir Domicile: 32 years + 5 years + (3 years, if OBC OR 5 Years, if SC/ST).
7. Disabled and discharged Defence service personnel: 32 years + 3 years + (3 years, if Gen/OBC OR 5 years, if SC/ST).
Number of Attempts:
1. General Category: 6 attempts till 32 years of age.
2. OBC: 9 attempts till 35 years of age.
3. SC/ST -unlimited attempts till 37 years of age.
4. Physically Handicapped/disabled candidates belonging to General category will get the benefit of 9 attempts till the age prescribed by UPSC - 42 years.
5. Union Public Service Commission conducts the Civil Services Exam in 3 phases -
a). Preliminary Examination (Objective)
b). Main Examination (Subjective)
c). Interview or personality test (Vocal section with Panel of UPSC members)